How to Register Patent in Vietnam?
Invention means a technical solution in the form of a product or process which is intended to solve a problem by application of natural laws. Each invention is the result of a serious, painstaking work-study process by the inventor. However, right of industrial property shall only be established by the registration procedure, and the scope of protection is defined in the patent. Therefore, without prior registration at governmental competent authorities, right of industrial property could be violated.
With highly professional staff and great experience in IP aspect, ANT Lawyers would like to support you in registering patent in Vietnam as follow:
- Title of invention/ utility solution;
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant (s);
- Name, address and nationality of the investor (s);
- Information of priority document: Nation, number of applications and dossiers for priority right;
- International dossiers/ or publication (if any).
For dossiers applied as national application
- 01 original Power of Attorney – POA (No need for notarization). The Copy of POA shall be accepted for filling but the original shall be submitted within 03 months since the date of filling.
- 02 copies of an invention description. An invention description must consist of the section of invention description and the invention protection coverage;
- 02 Drawings, photos or description (if any);
- 01 notarized copy of document to prove prior right (only for dossiers have prior right under the Paris Convention). The document shall be submitted within 03 months since the date of filling.
For dossiers applied as PCT application.
- 03 English declaration for registration originating in Vietnam
- 02 copies of an invention description (including images, if any);
- 02 written request of protection;
- Related documents (if any);
Dossiers can be submitted at National Office of Intellectual property or International Office or sent via post office.