Trademark is a sign for consumers to identify the goods or services of each company from those of others.
In Vietnam, many businesses today have not paid sufficient attention to trademark protection. Only when their trademarks would be infringed by other companies or competitors, they really concern to protect their trademarks and business through trademark registration, trademark opposition or take further actions. Such situation will negatively impact the business financially.
Trademark rights will be protected within the national territory, therefore when a trademark has been registered in Vietnam, it will be protected in Vietnam. If one company wishes their trademarks to be protected in other countries, it could:
- Directly register in each country or
- Register via the Madrid International registration by filing a single application which indicates the registrations at respective countries.
If registered under the Madrid International, firstly, trademarks must have been submitted trademark applications or have registered in Vietnam, depending on whether the country for protection is under the Madrid Protocol or the Madrid Agreement.
Law on Intellectual Property and its related documents could also be referred to for further information.
ANT Lawyers’ services in the field of trademark registration advice covers:
• Look-up, assess and consult possibilities to register trademark in Vietnam and abroad;
• Represent clients in applying for certificates of trademark registration, record modification, extend degree of trademark protection in Vietnam and abroad;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the certificate of trademark registration and the possibility of trademark rights violation;
• Implement of the protected trademark rights: investigate, monitor, negotiate, seek arbitration or initiate a lawsuit or request other competent agencies for handling of infringement in Vietnam and abroad;
• Negotiate, draft, evaluate and register the of changing trademark ownership in Vietnam and abroad;
• Advise on building strategies, brand development;
Learn more about our ANT Lawyers Intellectual Property practice, its experience, and team members here.
Please contact our trademark attorneys in Vietnam for advice via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +84 912 817 823.
Our lawyers have consistently made valuable and important contributions to our profession.
This publication is designed to provide updated information of legal matters, and does not constitute professional advice.
ANT Lawyers is a Vietnam law firm with international standards, recognized by Legal500, IFLR1000.
We are an exclusive Vietnam member of Prae Legal, the global law firm network covering more than 150 jurisdictions. The firm provides a range of legal services to multinational and domestic clients.
ANT Lawyers has law offices in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, and Da Nang City. For advice or service request, please contact us via email email@example.com, or call +84 8 3520 2779. To learn more about us, visit www.antlawyers.vn.